Christmas is a time for reunion, family, reflection, and notoriously, gifts. Whilst expressing our care and affection to those we love through presents is a kind act, the festive season is responsible for a huge amount of waste that damages the world we live in, as we are continuously incentivized to buy more than we need. Some facts and figures on waste during Christmas time reveal that:
- The waste generated at Christmas goes up by 30% compared to the waste created during the rest of the year.
- Approximately 66% of people admit to buying too much Christmas food that ends up in the bin.
- 300 million plastic cups and straws will be used.
- Christmas time generates 125,000 tonnes of plastic, with goods ranging from advent calendar trays and candy wrappers to enormous gift boxes.
- Of all the purchases made for Christmas in the UK, only 1% will remain in use six months after the festivities have ended.
- By March of next year, 41% of toys bought as gifts will be broken and destined for the landfill.
That is why here at Alucan we work to create a product that lives on, that can be reused, recycled, and repurposed. Our aluminum bottles and aerosols are designed to be 100% recyclable and from 100% recycled materials, because we believe in creating products that respect the well-being of our planet. We opt for aluminum as our raw material, in hopes of providing an ecological, high-quality, and functional alternative to plastic packaging. Our aluminum is mixed with alloys, to both create an extremely lightweight product and to reduce the carbon footprint of our aluminum production. Aluminum also allows us to create infinite designs, shapes, and formats that align with the specific needs of our clients. The time to think about the future of our planet is now. Join us in celebrating a green Christmas. Alucan creates at your service.